Monday 5 May 2014

A trip to Bath





Last week it was my boyfriend's 21st birthday and so I took him to Bath for a relaxing trip away. We've both been to Bath before but only when we were kids so we don't remember it. It is the most beautiful place and I think I want to live there one day. 

I had heard a lot of good things about airbnb and so gave it a try when booking our accommodation. We stayed in a beautiful little apartment that was a 10 minute walk from the town centre and had an incredible shower and super king size bed! Our host was great and I would definitely recommend using airbnb if you need somewhere to stay, rather than booking a hotel.

We only had a few days there and so we didn't get to see everything but we did visit the Roman Baths which were beautiful. Incredible to think these were made such a long time ago and they still stand there now. 




We also visited Sally Lunns which is where the famous Sally Lunn bun comes from. I didn't get to try it as I am gluten free, but I did have some wheat and dairy free scones, which were warm and so tasty. An afternoon tea had to be done in Bath!



We also ended up at a gig with some amazing music. Trust us to find a gig to go to! 

Bath is a beautiful place and we definitely want to go back to see more of it. Maybe one day we'll have enough money to live there. I can dream, eh!









SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig