Sunday 15 January 2017

My Favourite Breakfast Recipes.



If you know me well enough then you know that my favourite meal of the day is breakfast. Controversial I know, but I bloody love it. I have a serious sweet tooth so I will always head straight for a healthy, but sweet brekkie.



Here are 3 of my own recipes for my favourite breakfasts:

Homemade granola 

It's something you will need to make in advance, but it's easy enough and means you have a week's worth of granola ready for a speedy brekkie before work/school.

To make my homemade granola you will need:

- 300g oats
- 100g sultanas
- 100g pumpkin seeds
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 50g goji berries
- 5 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp date syrup/maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Optional - add a tsp of cinnamon

Method:

- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan and add the date syrup and vanilla extract (the date syrup won't mix in with the coconut oil but that's fine)
- Pour the syrup mixture over the dry ingredients and mix together
- Put into a baking dish and bake for 40-45 mins, stirring every 5 minutes or so

Serve with yoghurt or milk and berries.




Chocolate porridge with hazelnuts, dates and raspberries

Sometimes you just want something warm in the morning and although this may take a little longer than plain porridge topped with honey, if you have the hazelnuts, dates and raspberries ready to go, it's really easy and quick. I use frozen raspberries as it's not only cheaper, I really like the cold raspberries on top of my hot porridge.

For the porridge you will need:

- Oats
- Almond milk
- 1 tsp raw cocao powder
- 1 tbsp date/maple syrup
- Chopped dates
- Chopped hazelnuts
- Frozen raspberries

Method:
- Put your oats into a microwaveable bowl/jug and cover with almond milk
- Microwave until it's the consistency you want
- Stir in the date/maple syrup and the cocao powder
- Top with hazelnuts, dates and frozen raspberries


Scrambled eggs on rye bread

On the weekend I like to make myself something a little extra special. Sometimes i'll have protein pancakes if i've been to the gym, but if i'm having a lazy Saturday (which is most weeks) then i'll go for this gorgeous scrambled eggs on toasted rye bread.

I actually got inspiration for this recipe from The Body Coach plan I did a year or so back and have just modified it slightly to my tastes (I appreciate it doesn't look particularly appetising in this image, it was really hard to make it look nice. Tasted pretty darn good if you ask me).

For this you'll need:

- 2 eggs
- 2 slices rye bread
- A couple of mushrooms
- A couple of cherry tomatoes
- 1 spring onion
- As much feta cheese as you like

Method:

- Chop up your muchrooms, spring onion and tomatoes and add to a frying pan with a little oil.
- Fry these off a until a little softer and then add your eggs
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and fry until done
- Toast your rye bread and top with the scrambled eggs
Optional: Sprinkle with chilli flakes for a little extra kick


Let me know if you give these a go or if you have any recipes you like to make all the time.

Ta x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig